Accessibility Camp Seattle is a free, single-day unconference event held at the Seattle Central Library on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 8am-6pm (ish).
Our part of the wonderfully accessible venue can hold up to 150 people, so be sure to register soon and reserve your spot. (We’ll have a waitlist after the first 150.)
What’s an unconference?
Unconference presentations and discussions are scheduled the day they happen. Prepare in advance and think about what you want to share and discuss, and come early to get a slot on the wall. The people present at the event will select the demos, presentations, and discussions they want to see.
If you bring slides, video or other media to share, you are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of your presentations are accessible when published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present.
- 1st Rule: You do talk about Accessibility Camp.
- 2nd Rule: You do blog and Tweet about Accessibility Camp.
- 3rd Rule: If you want to present or lead a session, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot during the morning scheduling.
- 4th Rule: Only short intros.
- 5th Rule: As many presentations/discussions at a time as facilities allow for.
- 6th Rule: No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- 7th Rule: Presentations/discussions will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation/discussion slot.
- 8th Rule: If this is your first time at Accessibility Camp, you HAVE to present. (Ok, you don’t really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant!)
Coffee will be served for breakfast and lunch will be provided during the event. Let us know during registration if you need a vegetarian or vegan option, or if you have other dietary concerns.
We know that it can be hard to attend an event on the weekend if you’ve got family obligations. You are welcome to bring kids, and will have the public library at your disposal during its open hours. During registration, we’d love to know if you need other options for childcare, and we’re going to do our best to provide!
Getting to the Event
Looking for a place to stay or how to get to the venue? We have a whole page devoted to that topic! Visit Travel Information.